HTML5 Cleint

Forside Forum Developer discussions HTML5 Cleint

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    CENSON
    Participant

Hi,

I am wondering why the HTML client does not have the same functionality as the Android client? Is it due to lack of bluetooth control via a web browser?

The reason I am asking is that I am looking at developing the HTML5 client and just want a little background on why it is as it works now.

Any feedback appreciated.

Regards, Simon

Hi Simon,

When you say HTML client, do you mean the interface you get when you connect with a browser, or the Android app that loads the HTML5 interface (opentele-client-android-html)?

There is no support for automatic transfer of measurements when using a normal browser as you guessed because there is no simple way to connect to Bluetooth from a standard browser. The Android wrapper (client-android-html) does have support for automatic transfer – I’m not sure how well that worked (if at all) on versions from last year, but the latest versions should have the support (Note that there was a major update done last week which should have done magic to the transfer).

Are there other things than the communication with measurement devices that you have found missing when comparing the clients?

^__^
    Mike

CENSON
    Participant

Mike,

We are working on two aspects of the citizen client (also applies to clinician interface):

1. We are adding WebRTC capability to the HTML client ( we prefer to work with this as opposed to the Android options) using open source from Telestax (https://github.com/RestComm/restcomm-web-sdk) We have some expertise with Telestax so use that.

2. We would like to work with the Web Bluetooth API (https://webbluetoothcg.github.io/web-bluetooth/) as we see this as much more exciting for the future.

We are currently working with IOS/Andoid SDK (https://github.com/bcsphere/apps) and hope to incorporate some of that so we can have native ios and android options for the short term.

We would be VERY interested in communicating with any else looking into the above.

With regard to the ‘new’ version of Opentele – is there an upgrade path?

Kind Regards,

Simon

mikek
    Participant

Hi Simon,

I’m happy that you share what you are working on – are you planning to give some of it back to the community? The things you work on, could have great value for the project. An iOS client has been on the wish list for a long time, the WebRTC would also be quite interesting.

About the Web Bluetooth API integration – some work has been done on the 4SDC component (http://wiki.4s-online.dk/doku.php?id=4sdc:start) that is also cross platform and open source, the current plans are to replace the current implementation in OpenTele with this module – the idea is to make it even more easy for implementors to interface with measurement devices, so you should be aware of this when planning. I would be interested in a closer dialog with you about this.

The “new” version of OpenTele that I was talking about, is just an updated version of OpenTele2 that you can pull from our Bitbucket site – so no need for a specail upgrade path.

^__^
    Mike

CENSON
    Participant

Mike,

We will make all of our code available – we are just reusing open source components and arranging them to suit.

Thanks for the heads up on the Web Bluetooth API.

I have done the update – should the version number have changed? Ours didn’t – just want to make sure I didn’t update before you uploaded the changes.

Kind Regards,

Simon

mikek
    Participant

Hi Simon,

Sounds great that you will share your code, the version number on the html app should be 2.12.0 – the same for the server.

^__^
    Mike

CENSON
    Participant

This may be of interest to folks:

Web Bluetooth API support for Windows 8.1 has started in Chrome M50 and this makes me so happy 😉

The only caveat for now is the fact that discovery (aka navigator.bluetooth.requestDevice) works only with manually paired bluetooth devices for now.

Check out https://github.com/WebBluetoothCG/web-bluetooth/blob/gh-pages/implementation-status.md

CENSON
    Participant

Hi,

We have a small team of 4 working on this now. Delayed while waiting for the web bluetooth specification to firm up. The work we are doing encompasses the following:

1. Update the HTML5 interface to add capability including: 1.1. webRTC capability so clinicians can have audio and video contact with the patient;
    1.2. As part of 1.1 enable “presence” notification to the clinician can see when the patient is online.
    2. Update the HTML5 interface to use web bluetooth connectivity to medical devices such as blood pressure monitors, etc.
    3. Update the HTML5 interface to reflect the latest in UI technologies and design elements.
    4. Update the HTML5 interface to use Google Assistant technologies as they are released to developers (December)

Any feedback or advise is welcome and appreciated. We are using the current OpenTele2 release, if there is any more advance release that we should be working on, please advise.

Regards,

Simon

Michael
    Keymaster

Hi Simon,

What you and your team is working on sounds very interesting.

You are very welcome to contact me directly at software@4s-online.dk if you want to have a Skype or similar to chat about plans.

Kind regards,
    Michael Christensen
    Coordinator for the software group in 4S

CENSON
    Participant

Michael,

We should have some progress to show/report around the end of the month. Will reach out to you then.

Kind Regards,

Simon

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.