The GreenCDA approach for CDA documents

Forside Forum Developer discussions The GreenCDA approach for CDA documents

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jkiddo
    Participant

What are the good arguments for having taken a GreenCDA approach for generating the CDA documents? It seems a bit unnecessary redefine most of the core classes when they can either be imported from multiple projects elsewhere or simply autogenerated from the schemas from the standard (e.g. as done here: https://github.com/jkiddo/cda-gen if one does not like dependencies). Also, it seems a bit over the top that custom XML serializers have been created. I’d rather not count the lines of code that now needs to be maintained in the namespace ‘dk.s4.hl7.util.xml’ – when this could have been solved with a few lines of JAXB code.

IMHO, it all could have been a lot more simple, if this framework simply provided a few simple domain driven wrappers on top of autogenerated classes taken from the standard.

Michael
    Keymaster

I have not been part of the design discussions for this component, but AFAIK the GreenCDA approach was originally chosen by Henrik Bærbak, who was the main developer of the original PHMR Builder. However, Henrik has not been part of the latest CDA Builder development (and is currently travelling the world), so I have forwarded your question to Bjarne and Lars who are behind the development of the latest CDA Builder.

/Michael

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.