Struggling with cloud deployment

Forside Forum Developer discussions Struggling with cloud deployment

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Benny
    Participant

I have tried to deploy the opentele-server and opentele-citizen-server to AWS as WAR files (ElasticBeanstalk). A MySql server is also running on AWS.

In that setup I do not have the ‘citizen.properties’ and ‘clinician.properties’ files, but I am hoping that specifying the properties in Datasource.groovy and building the war with ‘grails -Dgrails.env=performance war’ is sufficient. However, it is failing with database related errors.

Are you aware of any problems running Opentele like this?

The opentele-server may be trying to use H2 driver even though I’ve specified MySql, as can be seen in this stacktrace

2016-03-10 13:43:45,488 [localhost-startStop-1] ERROR context.GrailsContextLoaderListener – Error initializing the application: Hibernate operation: could not prepare statement; bad SQL grammar [select this_.id as id1_46_0_, this_.version as version2_46_0_, this_.created_by as created_3_46_0_, this_.created_date as created_4_46_0_, this_.modified_by as modified5_46_0_, this_.modified_date as modified6_46_0_, this_.permission as permissi7_46_0_ from permission this_ where this_.permission=? limit ?]; nested exception is org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException: Table “PERMISSION” not found; SQL statement:
    select this_.id as id1_46_0_, this_.version as version2_46_0_, this_.created_by as created_3_46_0_, this_.created_date as created_4_46_0_, this_.modified_by as modified5_46_0_, this_.modified_date as modified6_46_0_, this_.permission as permissi7_46_0_ from permission this_ where this_.permission=? limit ? [42102-176]
    org.springframework.jdbc.BadSqlGrammarException: Hibernate operation: could not prepare statement; bad SQL grammar [select this_.id as id1_46_0_, this_.version as version2_46_0_, this_.created_by as created_3_46_0_, this_.created_date as created_4_46_0_, this_.modified_by as modified5_46_0_, this_.modified_date as modified6_46_0_, this_.permission as permissi7_46_0_ from permission this_ where this_.permission=? limit ?]; nested exception is org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException: Table “PERMISSION” not found; SQL statement:

The opentele-citizen-server fails to start with plenty of these errors

2016-03-14 08:33:54,906 [localhost-startStop-1] ERROR context.GrailsContextLoaderListener – Error initializing the application: Error creating bean with name ‘transactionManagerPostProcessor’: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘transactionManager’: Cannot resolve reference to bean ‘sessionFactory’ while setting bean property ‘sessionFactory’; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘sessionFactory’: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.NullPointerException
    org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘transactionManagerPostProcessor’: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘transactionManager’: Cannot resolve reference to bean ‘sessionFactory’ while setting bean property ‘sessionFactory’; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘sessionFactory’: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.NullPointerException
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
    Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘transactionManager’: Cannot resolve reference to bean ‘sessionFactory’ while setting bean property ‘sessionFactory’; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘sessionFactory’: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.NullPointerException
    … 5 more
    Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘sessionFactory’: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.NullPointerException
    … 5 more
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    … 5 more

Do you have any idea why I am experiencing such errors?
    I’d be happy to provide more details.

I assume you made entries in Config.groovy that corresponds to the performance profile. Try to add the following to the opentele-servers profile that you are using:

grails.plugin.databasemigration.dropOnStart = true
    grails.plugin.databasemigration.updateOnStart = true
    grails.plugin.databasemigration.updateOnStartFileNames = [‘changelog.groovy’]
    grails.plugin.databasemigration.autoMigrateScripts = [‘RunApp’, ‘TestApp’]

As the current version on head doesn’t do database migrations – I’m not sure if that is you root problem thou…

Can you make the software run locally with “grails run-app” ?

^__^
    Mike

Michael
    Keymaster

Looks similar to issue that I had when I was trying to use both database migration AND DataSource based database creation. These two overlap in functionality and may clash with errors. Therefore, either do

grails.plugin.databasemigration.dropOnStart = true
    grails.plugin.databasemigration.updateOnStart = true

with dbCreate = ‘validate’ (or empty) in DataSource.groovy (under appropriate environment) OR do

grails.plugin.databasemigration.dropOnStart = false
    grails.plugin.databasemigration.updateOnStart = false

with dbCreate = ‘create-drop’ in DataSource.groovy.

For me the latter has worked better with both h2 and MySQL databases.

/Michael

PS: You may want to debug this under the development environment rather than diving straight into performance.

Benny
    Participant

Thanks for the assistance.
    I changed the datamigration properties to false, and set the dbCreate to create-drop, but I am still not able to get it running.

One error which I have seen multiple times when starting up opentele-server (the clinician server) is this:

Creating overview for patient with id: 12
    Creating overview for patient with id: 13
    2016-03-22 11:04:17,187 [localhost-startStop-1] ERROR spi.SqlExceptionHelper – Data truncation: Data too long for column ‘green_questionnaire_ids’ at row 1
    2016-03-22 11:04:17,202 [localhost-startStop-1] ERROR context.GrailsContextLoaderListener – Error initializing the application: Hibernate operation: could not execute statement; SQL [n/a]; Data truncation: Data too long for column ‘green_questionnaire_ids’ at row 1; nested exception is com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlDataTruncation: Data truncation: Data too long for column ‘green_questionnaire_ids’ at row 1
    org.springframework.dao.DataIntegrityViolationException: Hibernate operation: could not execute statement; SQL [n/a]; Data truncation: Data too long for column ‘green_questionnaire_ids’ at row 1; nested exception is com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlDataTruncation: Data truncation: Data too long for column ‘green_questionnaire_ids’ at row 1
    at org.opentele.server.core.PatientOverviewMaintenanceService.createOverviewFor(PatientOverviewMaintenanceService.groovy:14)
    at BootStrap$_createPatientOverviewDataForPatients_closure5.doCall(BootStrap.groovy:247)
    at BootStrap.createPatientOverviewDataForPatients(BootStrap.groovy:245)
    at BootStrap$_closure1_closure32_closure33.doCall(BootStrap.groovy:181)
    at grails.util.Environment$EnvironmentBlockEvaluator.execute(Environment.java:340)
    at grails.util.Environment.executeForEnvironment(Environment.java:321)
    at grails.util.Environment.executeForCurrentEnvironment(Environment.java:296)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)
    Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlDataTruncation: Data truncation: Data too long for column ‘green_questionnaire_ids’ at row 1
    at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:3607)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:3541)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:2002)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:2163)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.execSQL(ConnectionImpl.java:2624)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeInternal(PreparedStatement.java:2127)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PreparedStatement.java:2427)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PreparedStatement.java:2345)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PreparedStatement.java:2330)
    at io.jdev.miniprofiler.sql.log4jdbc.PreparedStatementSpy.executeUpdate(PreparedStatementSpy.java:1021)
    … 11 more

It is as if the database schema is not according to domain classes or dummy data.

mikek
    Participant

Hi,

You need to run the datamigrations the first time you start the system (start with the OpenTele2-Server, as that is the one who will seed the database).

^__^
    Mike

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.